Monday, July 7, 2008

Something Brilliant -- published!

I waited a month before I wrote a post plugging "Maybe Not Today," but I'm too excited about my new story to wait.  "Something Brilliant," a story that I started writing last December, went to validation last night and came through sometime this morning!  I already have two reviews on it, which makes me very happy.  This is my first Ron/Hermione story in a very long time, probably since junior year of high school.  It was SO very much fun getting back into writing them.  R/H was what got me into writing fanfiction in the first place.

"Something Brilliant" came out of a J.K. Rowling interview in which she reveals that Ron's finest moment was when he found out that he was on a chocolate frog card.  I took that idea and ran with it.  ;)  The summary of the story is thus: Ron wants to ask Hermione to marry him, but he's just a bit nervous and unable to think of the best way to do it.  Will Harry, Ginny, and some chocolate frogs show him how?

Clearly, I had a lot of fun writing this story.  It's probably one of my more humorous stories.  On another note, "Maybe Not Today" is now hosted at Checkmated.com, and I'm working on getting "Heart of Gold" (and maybe some of my other stories) hosted at a few other fanfiction Web sites as well.

If you're looking for anything else to read, check out St. Margarets' new story "Beautiful Boy (He Has His Mother's Eyes)" and "Unless We Believe" by MissDaisy1.  Two of my new recent favorites.

No comments: