Friday, December 14, 2007

Something Brilliant

It's good to be home. :) It's 10:36 right now and I'm sitting in bed with Kirby (the family Sheltie) who is curled up in delightful slumber with his head resting against a paw, but I know he's not completely asleep because his ears are perked up, listening to my fingers pattering across the keyboard. He sort of looks like a little fox.

I haven't done much of anything in the past two days, mostly because I haven't been feeling well. I was actually told that I wasn't allowed to do anything productive by Mom and Mike, heh. Well, I was still a little productive around the house and such. But I did follow their advice and spend most of my time in front of Nick Games and Sports (Legends of the Hidden Temple, GUTS, and Family Double Dare anyone??), ABC Family (Full House), and watching movies. I do feel better, which is nice. Still waiting for my voice to return.

I've also started a new story, "Something Brilliant." Here is an excerpt...

“I’m a failure,” Ron groaned.

“You’re not a failure,” Harry
reassured.

“I’m too dense.” Ron threw his wash rag on the
floor.

“You’re not too dense, you’ve had some very inspired
moments,” Harry countered.

“I’m an idiot!” Ron insisted, jabbing
his thumb into his chest.

Harry considered this. “Erm, well,
you might be an idiot. Sometimes. But usually you’re
not.”

Ron slumped against the counter of Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes
and held his head in his hands.

“She’d be daft to accept me.
There’s no point.”

“For heaven’s sake, Ron, you’ve already bought
the ring!” Harry exclaimed. “What have you got to lose?”

Ah, dear Ron and Harry...hopefully Harry will help Ron get his act together. ;) Chapter 12 of "Heart of Gold" is also coming along swimmingly, and should be up sometime soon. I hope. I'm also hoping to go to Georgetown and visit Caelah within the next few days, and I have a whole mountain of books that I want to read! Break is looking to be awesome. :)

No comments: