Saturday, March 8, 2008

Brian Littrell

Rachel and I were listening to my iTunes library today while doing homework and the song "By His Wounds" just so happened to play.  If you don't know, the song is by a group called Glory Revealed, made up of Steven Curtis Chapman, Mac Powell of Third Day, and Brian Littrell (yes, of the Backstreet Boys).  They were all on tour together last year, and I assume that the group was made up when they were on tour.

Rachel and I got to talking about Littrell and his emergence into Christian music, and how we really loved Backstreet Boys when we were in middle school because of Littrell -- he always thanked God first on his CD thank-yous.  Well, Rachel mentioned that some of the songs he had written for the Backstreet Boys were glaringly Christian songs, and I was curious.  She claimed that "The One" from the CD "Millenium" was totally a Christian song, and naturally, she was right.  Observe:

"The One" by Brian Littrell

I guess you were lost when I met you
Still there were tears in your eyes
So out of trust and I knew
No more than mysteries and lies

There you were, wild and free
Reaching out like you needed me
A helping hand to make it right
I am holding you all through the night

I'll be the one (I'll be the one)
Who will make all your sorrows undone
I'll be the light (I'll be the light)
When you feel like there's nowhere to run
I'll be the one
To hold you and make sure that you'll be alright
Cause my fear is gone
And I want to take you from darkness to light

*bridge, chorus*

You need me like I need you
We could share our dreams coming true
I can show you what true love means
Just take my hand, baby please

I'll be the one, I'll be the light
Where you can run to make it alright
I'll be the one, I'll be the light
Where you can run

*repeat*

This makes us really happy.  :)  More evidence of Littrell's awesomeness:

"Welcome Home (You)" by Brian Littrell

When I left home to be who I am
Some people said no way
But I laid it all down, gave everything
In my head rang the words that my Father said
You're never far, I will be where you are
And when you come to me
I will open my arms

And welcome home you
I know you by name
How do you do?
I shine because of you today
So come and sit down
Tell me how you are
You know, son, it's good just to see your face

When I look at you holding my heart
I will give to you all that I am
Son, I know there'll be times
You will feel all alone
I will share with you the words my Father said
You're never far, I will be where you are
And when you come to me
You can bet I will open my arms

*chorus*

No comments: