Sunday, January 27, 2008

Updates

For all who are interested, I finally posted Chapter 12!!!  Very exciting news.  A link to my stories can be found under the links on the right sidebar of my blog.  Please read and review.  :)

I'm mostly on top of my work for this week.  I have an editing quiz and a macroeconomic quiz, but I think they will both go well.  Happily I have no editing classes this week because my professor is out of town.  This will add more time to my day on Monday and Wednesday, though I do enjoy the class so it's a little sad.  The macro quiz is on GDP calculations.  I'm finding that I enjoy macroeconomics more than microeconomics.  I find it easier to understand and apply, though I am also finding that I understand microeconomics more with the addition of macroeconomic concepts.  They support and build upon one another.  I'm also really enjoying the system of macro homework online.

I did some copy editing for the Ring-Tum Phi after GCF tonight and got the most wonderful comment from Jacob.  I walked in with my guitar and asked if he needed any help and he was very grateful, and then commented on the guitar.  I said that I was the lead worship person for GCF and told him that I could serenade them if they wanted (jokingly) but then he said that he had already heard me play.  Apparently the Phi office can hear all of the music we play at GCF.  This wasn't much of a surprise as they are right down the hall in the Commons, but I had never really thought about it.  Jacob commented that he knows all is right with the world when he hears "the Christians singing" on Sunday evening.  This really made me smile.

Also, went to see "27 Dresses" with the girls last night.  LOVED it!  I'm continually impressed with Katherine Heigl's acting, and the story was fantastic.  Very funny, and good delivery from all actors/actresses.  I highly recommend it.  It's not just a chick flick, it actually kind of turns traditional romance on its head, which is really amusing in itself, but there are just such good one-liners.

Lastly, Jenny booked cruise tickets for a bunch of us for spring break last week.  We're going to go to Passion in Atlanta to spend a couple days worshipping God, and then we're going to go on a cruise with Carnival, haha.  A little ironic.  But it so matches the kids that are going.  The cruise leaves from Jacksonville and will go to Key West and Nassau, Bahamas.  Should be an awesome time!

No comments: