Sunday, January 20, 2008

May the force be with you

Thank heaven, I have finally finished Chapter 12.  It's been a long time in coming, but it should be up on PS within the week.  A lot of rehearsal went into this chapter.  ;)  It does a lot of setting for the rest of the story, kind of like Chapter 6.  Hmm, I think chapters that are multiples of 6 are harder for me to write.  We'll see if I still feel this way when I get to Chapter 18.  Things to look forward to: Regulus and Voldy have a heart to heart, Liam comes closer to finding out about the man from the foggy night, and Regulus is given two tremendous responsibilities.  Poor kid.  He's only eighteen!

This weekend was fantastic.  I spent Friday afternoon sledding at John's house with Julie, Courtney, Allison, and John (naturally).  I have only been sledding a couple times in my life, and never on a hill so steep!  That was a little frightening.  But John is a good teacher, and quite good at talking us all into taking risks.  At one point we connected all three of the sleds, doubled the girls up on two of them, and all five of us went down the hill.  It worked for a whole fifteen seconds.  ;)  I spent the rest of Friday night, and also Saturday night, with Rachel and Christine.  Christine has never seen Star Wars, so we've taken great delight in showing her the movies, in numerical order.  She discovered the true identity of Darth Vader and the fact that Luke and Leia are twins last night.  It was quite amusing.  Our favorite and consistent joke:

Character from movie: May the force be with you.
Christine: And also with you!
Me: Let us pray...
*peals of laughter*

Steve talked about Eph. 2 and reconciliation tonight.  It made me think back to Urbana, both because of the Bible passage and the topic in question.  I know that I need to do a better job of recognizing that Jesus breaks down every barrier and sets us free.  As Steve said, I need to remember to live like I believe the gospel.  Because I do, and that should always be apparent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.