Monday, December 10, 2007

Through the narrow wood

Finals are almost over! I finished my article series on The Falls Church for my opinion writing class late last night and turned it in this morning (more on that below), today I took my microeconomics exam, and tomorrow I will take my European history exam. I've already taken Islamic history, on Saturday, and that will be all of my exams for this term. It's been a very challenging term academically, and busy as well. I've hardly had much time to myself! Christmas break will be interesting as I'm not working this year, so I'll have a lot of time to write, read, and spend time with friends.

I have posted my articles series about The Falls Church in the several posts below. I posted them in reverse order to make reading easier. They are meant to be read in order, and though they are not meant to be entirely comprehensive, I think that I did a good job of describing the debate and issues. There is so much more that I could have included, but I had a 700 word limit for each article, and I was either right on it or just barely below it for all! Happy reading.

I very much enjoyed summarizing and reading over the debate again. I feel like I know more about it now and am much better equipped to discuss the particulars with anyone. John Yates, Martyn Minns, Peter Akinola, and the others have really done such a great job expressing their beliefs in a strong but humble manner. They are such an encouragement to me! It is so good to be amongst Christians who aren't afraid to publicly and respectfully express their faith.

Well, I must get back to revising for my European history test. I've been watching the movie "Miss Potter" while going over my notes. I love these quotes:

"There is something delicious about writing the first few words of a story. You're never quite sure where they will take you. Mine brought me here." ~ Beatrix Potter

"Stories don't always end where their authors intended. But there is a joy in following them, wherever they take us." ~ Beatrix Potter

No comments: