Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Technology Modules

One class that all W&M education students are required to complete is a course in technology integration in the classroom. Obviously, this is right up my alley. Even more exciting is the fact that my GA adviser is the teacher! Mark always has great ideas in and out of class for technological integration. His rule of thumb is that yes, technology can do a lot for you, but what should you be using technology for? What is the relative advantage of a specific type of technology in your classroom ... meaning, what does it add to the classroom that you would not be able to do otherwise?

This week we are each meeting with Mark to discuss individual technology lesson plans. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do for mine. We have done some class exploration to learn about different types of technology and how they work in the classroom. Here are some class project examples from that exploration (the elementary people did these technology modules as well). I could easily come up with a lesson plan for the technology module I created (podcasting) but I think that I want to explore something different. I am considering blogging, Inspiration, PhotoStory, and Web Inquiry. Ideas?

Also, here is a sample of a movie that one of my colleagues (Eric) created during one of our classes to answer the age-old debate: Pirates vs. Ninjas.

No comments: