Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Autumn

Things I love about fall:

  1. Fall colors ... they just started coming out in Williamsburg this week! The trees around William and Mary are beautiful. Growing up in California for such a prolonged period of time really made me appreciate having all the seasonal changes. I've been watching for good fall colors for a couple weeks now, and I'm so glad that they've come out in full force.
  2. Football ... I've watched almost every VT game this year and most of the UVA games, as well as some of the other games, too. I've enjoyed watching football for several years now, but this is the first year I've really invested time in watching it regularly. It's a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon (while lesson planning, of course!)
  3. Fall food ... pie, turkey, cornbread, chili, soup, mashed potatoes, stuffing, all of it. I can't wait for Thanksgiving.
  4. Cooler weather ... the days have started getting especially cooler this week, and I'm so excited to be able to wear sweaters again, and use my brand new red peacoat from my parents for my birthday.
  5. My birthday! and my sister's ... she just turned 21, heavens ... that makes me feel old!

No comments: