Monday, May 5, 2008

Forward motion

It's cliche, I know, but the coming of spring has always been one of my favorite times of year (despite the inevitable sniffles that accompany the pollen). Spring came in March in California, but in Virginia it doesn't come for real until April, and even then, you still get some winter weather. :) I think I like spring because it doesn't last very long. Everything is in full bloom for only a few weeks, but it's a lovely few weeks while it lasts. I haven't blogged much this spring because I had finals, and then spring break, and I've been back at school for the past two weeks but have been pretty busy with six spring term credits, registering for grad school credits, and arranging everything to move to Williamsburg.

My Caribbean cruise was everything I expected it to be. The seventeen of us had a delightful time, and we most certainly because "those kids." We were really the only college students on the cruise. I read through two books, ate way too much food, went swimming, saw some shows, and just generally had a great time. Could not have had a better senior year spring break.

Every day closer to May 26 and the start of grad school makes me anticipate this change more and more. I'm just really excited to see what God has in store for me in Williamsburg. I'm really excited about my classes, my jobs, my flat, my roommate, and just living in this historic area, and it's hard because I am not really that "into" either of the classes that I am taking right now. But I know that I will miss everyone here terribly.

Today was a good day. It was good to spend time with some of the people whom I will miss the most after leaving school. My past two weekends have been fantastic also, both at home. This past weekend I went home to support my Mom in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and the weekend before I went home for my grandfather's 80th birthday party. I got to see a LOT of family, so that was fantastic.

Things I am hoping to blog about in the near future:
  1. Latin American environmental history
  2. Remembering acts of God and Christ in worship
  3. Anthropology and violence
  4. Global church as the hope for the world
  5. Jim Wallis' new book "The Great Awakening"

No comments: